Above: Lenette on the K1 whole body vibration machine and Lenette on a rebounder. Both are fun but rebounding cannot give a person all the benefits of vibration exercise
Sometimes we're asked about the difference between the K1 whole body vibration machine and rebounding. They're both great for lymphatic drainage, so why get a vibration exerciser?
I love both, and have both so I think I'll be able to provide a good answer to this question. Rebounding is awesome for lymphatic draining, blood circulation and oxygenation, and assisting with muscle tone for sure. I still use my rebounder for cardio and lymphatic drainage (mostly for 30-40 minutes of cardio when it's raining or snowing out).
But what I don't think a lot of people understand about whole body vibration are the other things it can do that rebounding could never do.
1) Whole Body Vibration (WBV) builds bone density. It’s great for people with osteoporosis or osteopenia or for those who have a history of it in their family (my mom had osteoporosis and was taking prescribed meds for it). It is weight-bearing exercise to the extreme. You are basically fooling your muscles into thinking you’re jumping or running (depending on the type of vibration machine). The increased load and motion causes the bone osteoblasts to register the force and build and you’re in essence asking your bones to grow a lot more than you would if walking or rebounding. This is why the space program got involved when WBV first came out – to help maintain astronauts bone and muscle mass while in space for extended periods of time.
2) WBV affects your hormones in powerful and positive ways. Research by the biomedical and exercise scientist, Carmelo Bosco, has also shown vibration exercise to increase serotonin levels, increase HGH levels by 361%, and decrease cortisol by 30%. This is significant and can have a dramatic impact on your appetite, addictions and unhealthy cravings, sleep patterns, stress levels, and belly-fat-holding areas. It also was shown to increase levels of testosterone up to 7%. Testosterone’s key roles in health and well-being include increased energy, increased production of red blood cells, protection against osteoporosis, and enhanced libido. It also allows fast-twitch muscle fibers to fully recover at a quicker rate, shortening recovery time.
3) In terms of building muscle, conventional rotational exercise engages around 45% of muscle fibers. And you’re only really working out the main muscles such as your quads, hamstrings, biceps, lats, etc. You’re not getting to the other 55% of muscles very effectively at all. Whole body vibration is aptly named whole body vibration because it causes even the involuntary muscles in your body to contraction and has been shown to engage approximately 97% of your muscle fibers. Add that to the fact the WBV causes those muscle fibers to contract over 1500 times per minute and there’s no comparison to rebounding (you might rebounding up to 60 times per minute max?) Note: incontinence is helped with vibration exercise as well because it works out those involuntary muscles down there much more effectively than Kegal exercises.
4) WBV is extremely effective for cellulite reduction. WAY better than rebounding in fact (actually, this is why I bought myself a Needak 2 years ago) but it didn’t help much. The main problem with most cellulite treatments is that they focus on only one of the reasons for having it. Deep tissue massage only helps shift the fat cells not empty them, exercise will empty them but not shift them. Increasing your lymphatic drainage helps with fluid retention but not burning fat. With a combination of these things (whole body vibration) IT CAN GO!
5). Whole body vibration is excellent for people with neuropathy or neuromuscular disorders. 10 minutes in contact with the vibration plate sends approximately 30,000 separate electrical signals to the brain. You're training the nerves and getting feeling to them hundreds of times more efficiently than other types of physical therapy. This is what a lot of doctors use the Noblerex for too.
6) Whole body vibration can be used for other types of therapy as well besides osteoporosis and neuromuscular retraining. Not everyone (obese people, paraplegics, people with MS etc) can rebound for 10 minute let alone rebound at all. Whole body vibration machines offer these people and many others the opportunity to retrain their muscles and nervous system back to health.
For those looking to gain more balance, flexibility, lose weight, build muscle in less time and with less risk of micro-tears or falling or being far from home; or for people concerned about osteoporosis, MS, neuropathy, circulation, fat loss and cellulite loss, this is far better than rebounding. Rebounding can’t even compare in our opinion.
For more information on Whole Body Vibration, the Noblerex K1 Platinum, and what to look for in a whole body vibration machine, please visit our new site, check out this page below, and/or give us a call anytime. 800-518-4272 – we'd love to help!
(www.thenoblerexk1.com is our new site )
Your body has 206 bones, of course! The human skeleton forms the foundation for the structure and frame of our bodies. Together with the muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments, these 206 bones allow us to live and move on this planet.
Sadly, as most Americans age, their bone density decreases, and mobility is greatly reduced and sometimes even lost (as in the case of people bound to a wheelchair). The quality of life is very limited if your mobility is limited. If you are reading this article and you still enjoy good health and mobility, then realize that the information here could alter your future for the better. Instead of decline, your body's bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and joint can remain strong, flexible and fully functional up to 100 years and beyond.
According to JAMA (July 25, 2007 edition) more than 30,000 hip fractures occur every year. And it is these hip fractures that are one of the main reasons why people end up in a nursing home. Whole body vibration exercise is perfect for people who want a serious solution for avoiding falls, brittle bones and hip fractures.
So now we come to the connection between the Russian space program and increased strength in bones and muscles. The Russians realized that out in space away from the Earth's gravity, cosmonauts experienced extremely accelerated bone and muscle loss. This presented a huge problem for the amount of time these astronauts could remain in space.
The Russian space program then introduced a technology called whole body vibration training (or vibration therapy) as a way to simulate weight bearing loads for their cosmonauts, before, during and after trips in outer space. (Learn more about the history here.)
Whole body vibration exercise was a way to mimic gravity where no gravity exists, thus helping the cosmonauts to keep their bone mineral density high and their muscles strong.
It was partly because of this technology that the Russians shattered all the records for living the longest in space. Also instead of coming back from outer space on stretchers, the astronauts returned as strong as when they left. Have you ever wondered why the Russians were so dominant in the Olympics in the 1980's? That's right, their athletes used this secret form of exercise that the rest of the world (at the time) did not know about.
The health and longevity of our 206 bones is one of the most important reasons to invest in and start using whole body vibration right away.
You can learn more about using whole body vibration for bone health on this page here (and don't forget to check out the testimonials at the bottom too
Last week I visited my friend and business partner, Bryant Meyers, in Sarasota, Florida. Bryant is a true an expert in energy medicine and has probably spent over $300,000 researching all the best technologies and techniques out there for optimal health. In addition, he's spent 3 years researching vibration exercise and is obviously a huge supporter of it.
In this video, Bryant (again, my own mentor when it comes to vibration exercise) talks about vibration exercise and the benefits of using the Noblerex K1 Machine for fitness and health.
By the way – Bryant's story with the Noblerex K1 is that his back and spine problems went away and he put on about 5 lbs of muscle within a few short months of vibration exercise with it. That testimonial can be found with others on our More Noblerex K1 Testimonials page.
Here is a picture of the Noblerex K1 Machine in Bryant's home. He has a Sauna Lite around it (which increases the detoxification and weight loss effects of vibration exercise. How neat is that? Quite possibly the best (and quickest) form of exercise and therapy ever
A friend of mine in Florida, Bea, got to visit us one night and finally got to try out the Noblerex K-1 Vibration Exercise Machine. See the video below to watch her experience. Note how you can do this in regular clothes! She gets a triple whammy with Bryant, me, AND the Sauna Lite (that's why the lighting is orange). She loved it! To learn more, you can also get the audio interview of me interviewing Bryant about vibration exercise and the Noblerex K1 on our Noblerex home page. http://www.NoblerexK1Health.com
David Wolfe is a Health, Eco, Nutrition, and Natural Beauty Expert. Hear what he has to say about the Noblerex K-1 and Whole Body Vibration:
The really neat thing about this comment is that he briefly mentions how the Noblerex K-1 and Whole Body Vibration can assist us in getting toxins out an thus detoxify our bodies. It's already been well studied and documented how whole body vibration helps workout the lymphatic system, but I think there's a lot left to be discovered in the area of detox and whole body vibration – it's exciting!
I love doing this videos for all of you! Watch this video to see some examples of exercises you can do on the Noblerex K-1 as well as give some ideas to vary your workouts.
I'll also talk about how you can use the frequency, duration, amplitude, and exercise poses to suit your fitness and health goals and needs.
The really great thing about the Noblerex K-1 Platinum is that it's suitable and highly beneficial for all ages and fitness levels. Not many companies making whole body vibration machines out there can say that because either:
1) Their machines don't reach a high enough frequency for training and peak fitness (they are only good enough for theraputic purposes) or
2) The machines are so complicated and intense on the body that you can't really enjoy the workout by just standing there if that's all you feel like doing that day. You need to know what you're doing or use a personal trainer so you can get on it, workout, and get off as soon as possible so you don't injure yourself.
Some definitions for more clarity:
Frequency: The speed of the vibration plate. It is measured in Hertz. The K-1s frequency levels 1-10 go in steps from 7 Hz to 28 Hz. The optimal frequencies are 25-28 Hz on a pivotal vibration machine. Anything above that can be unsafe.
Time: How long you can use the machine. 3-10 Minutes a day to see the benefits of whole body vibration, more if you want.
Amplitude: The rise and fall of the edge of the platform. The Noblerex K-1 has an amplitude of 14 mm so if your feet were as close to each end as possible, that would give you the most intense workout. You can place your feet closer together for a less intense workout. (This would have no effect on a vertical or linear vibration machine such as the Power Plate.)
Exercise Pose: These are positions you can do on the K-1 besides just standing. Any of these poses can be either static or dynamic. Sometimes static can be best because when your muscles are relaxed on the platform, the vibrations can be transferred to them more easily and the muscle fibers will experience more contact and release cycles. But it's all about what you enjoy doing and what you find to be more challenging for you to do
Yesterday, a friend who’s tried the K-1 at my place before (see pic below), brought her mom over to try out the K-1 too. Her mom has Alzheimer’s and Dementia and as you can see in the video above, walks very leaned over, sort of like she’s looking for something on the ground. We wanted to see if she’d like how the vibration exercise felt and if it might be able to help her posture over time. Watch the video above to see my friend’s thoughts and her mom’s reaction to it.
We started her out at the lowest frequency of course – level one, which is about 7 hertz. After two minutes, we increased it to level two. She was smiling from ear to ear and laughing! After about five minutes, she was done but the trail was definitely a success. Whole body vibration is safe for people of all ages, fitness levels, and pretty much all health conditions!
Whole body vibration and the Noblerex K-1 is absolutely revolutionizing the way people are exercising.
Not only do the vibrations from the machine increase burn calories and tone your body like crazy by working out almost every single muscle fiber (97%) in your body over 1500 times per minute, but the vibrations also increase the production of regenerative and repair hormones, improve blood circulation in skin and muscles, decrease stress, strengthen bone tissue, improve lymph drainage, and increase your metabolism. Check out all the benefits here.
If you’re involved in any kind of athletic activity such as martial arts, track, swimming, gymnastics, football, or even golf, you’ll soon experience the wonderful speed, flexibility, and enhanced muscle control the Noblerex K-1 Platinum can give you. This can be your new secret weapon and can give you the winning edge in virtually any sport or competition if you utilize it right.
This is why vibration exercise training has captured the attention of many of the world’s leading sports trainers. Most gyms and personal trainers, including celebrity trainers, are already using Whole Body Vibration technology to help their clients see results fast.
To learn more, check out this site or you can call me directly at 1 800 MY K1 POWER with questions or for help
Yeah–I'm pretty excited. I think last time I posted on body fat it was 2%, and then, I wasn't really sure because the scale was showing that number bouncing around. But today I decided to measure again…
I have a body fat scale here at home and today it shows my body fat down about 3% since the beginning of my 90 Day Whole Body Vibration AND I had it tested again this morning at the gym with their gadget and that number showed 3% less than the last time I got tested using their scale about seven weeks ago.
So now I'm at about 20% body fat (20.1% to be exact). I'm so happy about this! I have done so much in the past two years especially to budge that number. I run, I do spin classes, I do yoga, Bikram Yoga, I've had a personal trainer for three months, etc. So this is awesome and it was one of the reasons I was so excited to use the Noblerex K-1 on myself.
This morning, it was funny too because the personal trainer taking my measurement asked me what was I before and he was sort of shocked when I said "23% about 7 weeks ago." He asked me what I had been doing differently lately and I said "just exercising a lot more." Now…I don't know why I didn't tell him "whole body vibration" right then and there. Probably because the gym has their own whole body vibration machine and I'd have to go into why the Noblerex K-1 is way better and I just didn't feel like doing that this morning because I was so happy and excited. But I definitely will tell him, and my previous personal trainer after my full 90 Day Challenge is over and done and I've got some final measurable results. I'm sure it will shock them. I wonder how many testimonials they've had with their vibration machine. I've never seen them posted around the gym or machine…
Today I’ve decided to share a fantastic whole body vibration interview FREE with you, whether you sign up for the free newsletter for tips, special sales, and updates or not. I’ll have to figure out what to give away for free there instead now
If you’ve been seeing and reading what I’m doing with the Noblerex K-1 and still have no idea what it is or how it can help you and others, not to worry! Below is an interview I did with fitness expert, professor of physics and even a TV host of the show Forever Young, Bryant Meyers, who spent 3 years researching whole body vibration. Listen to this and you’ll learn about the Noblerex K-1, its competitors – and a whole lot more! You can either listen to it on this page or download it to you computer. (37 minutes)
In the interview you’ll also hear us discuss other cheaper vibration machines too, but the bottom line is that the Noblerex K-1 is the only machine that is commercially rated in this price bracket. Others are sold at three to four times the amount you’ll pay for the K-1.
You really get what you pay for when it comes to vibration exercise machines. Cheaper versions are out there but the:
Please take a listen and pass this onto any friends and relatives you think might really benefit from whole body vibration too. Whether they call me or decide to get another machine, I really believe in the benefits of this technology and in applying it proactively to our long term health. Staying far, far, away from nursing homes is definitely a good thing!
Thanks and let me know what you think of it down below!
Raise the Vibe,
I just got this review from a happy new Noblerex K-1 customer and wanted to post this. Happy Halloween everyone! Don’t eat too much candy now…
“I am so excited, I got the K1 yesterday, and it is the most incredible machine ever! It can be as intense of a workout as you want, if you want more than just the 10 minute exercise you can ramp up the workout to any fitness level. It contracts your muscles intensely at the highest setting, then uses auto modes where it slows down to relax the muscle a little more, then builds back up for the right balance of contracting/relaxing for a workout. You just hold different poses to work out different muscles, EASY too. WOW, I am so impressed, I just did a leg workout for 10 minutes and my calves are SO sore!”